Pastor John Manon & family
My family and I reside in West Newton. I have two children, Alyssa, who attends the University of South Florida and Steven, who is attending Saint Vincent College.
My philosophy in ministry is quite simple: to worship and serve God, by the power of the Holy Spirit and in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, in everything I do.
The following is how I approach ministry:
1. Presence- to strive for a genuine, true, and honest relationship with all people.
2. Relevance- to make the gospel of Jesus Christ truly matter to all people in the midst of real life issues.
3.Engagement-to help people engage, encounter, and live in the world, yet not be of the world, while exploring and deepening their spiritual lives.
4. Discernment- to awaken people to their God-gifted calling and how to use it for the betterment of God’s creation.
5. Leadership- to not only try daily to humbly live up to my calling to leadership, but to challenge all people to lead in the local body of believers and by extension to the rest of the world.
6. Transformation- to assist people in deliberate discipleship according to the Great Commission, but only after each person is changed by the redeeming power of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
7. Community- I believe that in order for the church to be relevant, renewed, and responsible to what God has called us to, it must invite, include, and be led by a variety of people in a variety of ways as God directs.
Come be a part of our family. Come experience genuine fellowship. Come grow in faith!